HemiStorm Losi 5ive T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HemiStorm Losi 5ive T

Norges første Losi bor kanskje i Østfold! For 2 måneder siden har jeg bestillt min nye Losi 5ive med BZM 28.5 cc motor. På denne innlegget finner dere bilder av mitt nye prosjekt, jeg lærer igjen hvordan jeg skriver Norsk, derfor har jeg kopiert mitt innlegg fra ett Amerikansk forum.

Been missing in action for a few days due to my Losi coming in. Big thanks to my buddy Gareth at MMR for hooking me up with two Losis and a 28,5 BZM engine. More pics and descriptions will be added soon, I will just share my first impressions in this post.

THIS IS ONE HELL OF A TRUCK! The boys at Losi made a huge effort to make sure everything is trick as can be right from the start. The chassis, the suspension setup, the drivetrain, it all looks excellent. There's so much ingenuity to discover, like for example the adjustable drop on the suspension arms, it's hard to mention it all in one post.

Downside for me is the body, order a black one and the hood you'll get is sprayed white and vice versa. Fortunately I ordered a black and a white one so I managed to get a single colored shell after peeling off those horrendous stickers. I will do some detailed finishing on the shell this week, and am quite sure it will improve. Since I'm in Norway I tried fitting my MXT tires with the spikes and they're a bit too high, rubbing the arches. Wheels went on without any issues, again good thinking from Losi.

The stock wheels are not my cup of tea when it comes to esthetics, I think the white outlaws I had with the red anodized Numbnutz Beadlocks look better already. Exhaust is very poorly placed, spraying the inside of the shell with oil. Stock battery says 3000 mAh but easily took over 3500, so that was in fact quality work.

On to the pics, more to come. Dropping in the BZM and getting you guys all the ins and outs on that later on.

Det ser bra ut Chris.. Du må vel ha en ny pipe til BZM motoren, så du slipper problemet med eksosen inni karrosseriet.. Rart at Losi ikke har tenkt noe på det, eller skal det være en slange som skal fører eksosoen ut av bilen?
    Hpi Baja 5B SS - HPI Baja 5T
    Axial Xr-10 Secret Agent 3.5
    enRoute Berg JXR003
    Losi 5ive - BZM Super 50

Comment

Når motoren er så ny er oljespruting innen karrosseriet veldig kjedelig, jeg håper at det skal bedre seg når motoren får kjørt seg litt. Jeg er opptatt med å utvikle nye deler til denne nye Losi, jeg tror at denne 4x4 skal bli veldig suksessfull og her på forumet skal jeg legge ut bilder når vi kommer lengere med dette.

Comment

I really didn't like the way the stock body looks, so I decided to give it my own little twist before slapping on some paint on the outside. In my opinion Losi did a bad job on determining the dimensions of the shell to make it look scale, the windscreen is way too narrow and malproportioned. Anyhow, on to the pics:

Comment

Helt enig Chris.. Det ble mye bedre etter at du fikk skjært til vinduet. Har du mulighet til å heve karosseriet slik at kold cutterne ikke subber i karosseriet?
          Hpi Baja 5B SS - HPI Baja 5T
          Axial Xr-10 Secret Agent 3.5
          enRoute Berg JXR003
          Losi 5ive - BZM Super 50

Comment

Karroseriet er ferdig.

Comment

Fantastisk!!

Comment

Need to bump live to this tread as I got a 5ive-t stock stored away for 4 months..
                Anyway as we speak I am starting to bolt on hop-ups to mine included a a new pipe from Bartelone.
                Mounting kill switch, cleaning up and securing bolts and electrical system.
                Will run the truck with stock motor at first and then see if I get myself a BZM or a O'Neil, seen that O'Neil have made some '5ive-t' motors with good low rev torque..

Soon winter and I will for sure ad a set with spikes, have you solved the issue with the spikes and the body?
                Guess you just can cut out if needed?

Anyway, good thread!

hgn_q3
                5iveT ~ TRX StampedeT (Custom) ~ Tekno SCT410.1 | Carisma GTB (Custom) ~ MBX6e ~ MP9e
                Kyosho TF5 ~ Xray T4'13&14 ~ Xray XB4'15 | Futuba 4PKSR ~ Futuba T4PX | Min Prosjekttråd

Comment

Da er det enda en Losi 5T i Norge.

Snart vinter, må forte meg og få kjørt den inn. Blir spennede å se
                  hvordan denne er å kjøre på glatt føre i forhold til MCD Cheeta`n min.Click image for larger version

Name:	mcd side.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	778444Click image for larger version

Name:	MCD Cheetah V4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	778445
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by sdiz86; 28 September 2012, 18:53.
                  LOSI 5ive-T+VRC Pipe+ DemonRC 2 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by hugin_q3 View Post
                    Need to bump live to this tread as I got a 5ive-t stock stored away for 4 months..
                    Anyway as we speak I am starting to bolt on hop-ups to mine included a a new pipe from Bartelone.
                    Mounting kill switch, cleaning up and securing bolts and electrical system.
                    Will run the truck with stock motor at first and then see if I get myself a BZM or a O'Neil, seen that O'Neil have made some '5ive-t' motors with good low rev torque..

Soon winter and I will for sure ad a set with spikes, have you solved the issue with the spikes and the body?
                    Guess you just can cut out if needed?

Anyway, good thread!

hgn_q3
                    Totally missed this one! I have in fact solved the issue... by making a new body. Here are a few pics, and a painting tutorial for those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fge7THzvlhQ[/video] RC painting tutorial part 1 of 2 - YouTube

Here is the second part :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMhfVQrXopU[/video] RC painting tutorial part 2 of 2 - YouTube

Comment

HemiStorm Losi 5ive T

Ohhh nice, bra jobba
                      HPI Baja 5SC SS Futaba 4PL
                      1/10 Hobao Hyper 10TT-e Hobao Hyper 10SC ​nitro blitt elektrisk
                      Jon-Petter

Comment

Originally posted by HemiStorm View Post
                        Totally missed this one! I have in fact solved the issue... by making a new body. Here are a few pics, and a painting tutorial for those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fge7THzvlhQ[/video] RC painting tutorial part 1 of 2 - YouTube

Here is the second part :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMhfVQrXopU[/video] RC painting tutorial part 2 of 2 - YouTube
                        Wow! That truck look spectacular!
                        Have to say you have done a great job on your truck and the body is really cool

We have just expanded our off road track from 1/10 to 1/8 and I just had to try the truck on the track. Man, I have to say I surprised by the torque the 26cc stock engine have. Triple jump 5 meters long with ease Fun! And that with only approx 8 meters to get speed up after a right turn on the track. Unfortunately is the track a tad to narrow for a 1/5, but hopefully we will get more interest for large scale and make another track in the future.

Meanwhile I think I will get some spike setup and try it on the lakes this winter, can be fun me thinks..
                        5iveT ~ TRX StampedeT (Custom) ~ Tekno SCT410.1 | Carisma GTB (Custom) ~ MBX6e ~ MP9e
                        Kyosho TF5 ~ Xray T4'13&14 ~ Xray XB4'15 | Futuba 4PKSR ~ Futuba T4PX | Min Prosjekttråd

Comment

awsome car..
                          Cato Risholm, fullt hobbyrom...

Comment

(RS) Radiostyrt.no Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,683   Posts: 440,447   Members: 18,929   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, Erik-M.
                          Working...
                          X