Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QuickDraw Pioneer och HT motorernas ljudnivå.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rille View Post
    That is correct, the user is most often a major impact on the outcome.
    If too big prop is used,
    If the short pipe length is used,
    If the wrong oil mixture is used,
    If too lean fuel mixture is used,

If so, the user might destroy the engine. I have

If I'm not completely wrong, a to lean fuel mixture will bring the EGT to go up, and then if you already have an elevated EGT so it may just not be favorable with a lean fuel mixture (high EGT). But on the other hand, so are you saying that a high EGT may possibly not monotonous damage the engine but a lean fuel mixture is? I do not understand.

Let´s say;
    - You do/ add more "wrong thing´s" in the setup - then it will get way off.
    I can’t understand why anyone would use a solution that "adds errors", - High ETG and Lower Hp.

-Instead of using a setup´s, that works good for a engine. In this case the QDP engine, in conjunction with QD pipe and silencer and the "Silicone muffler" it is a quiet, kick ass combination. -That beats Me.

Rille
    Too lean mixture causes an increase in combustion chamber temperature and this will increase the chance of exhaust bridge overheating. Of course, an increase in combustion chamber temperature will also increase EGT (up to the point of detonation, detonation reduces EGT). An increase in EGT caused by too lean mixture and with pipe length remaining the same would also be likely to damage the exhaust bridge. This is because the higher EGT effectively reduces tuned length allowing hot exhaust gases to be returned to the cylinder at high rpm.
    My point was that high EGT in itself is not bad, for example a stainless steel pipe is likely to have a higher EGT than a steel pipe and a steel pipe higher than an aluminium pipe and a fully enclosed pipe of any material would have an EGT higher than an exposed pipe. What is bad is when for some reason you increase the EGT on any pipe, and choose not to lengthen the tuned length of the pipe.

Dave
    Last edited by DMatPMB; 15 July 2013, 07:52. Reason: grammar error

Comment

(RS) Radiostyrt.no Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,683   Posts: 440,447   Members: 18,929   Active Members: 2
    Welcome to our newest member, Erik-M.
    Working...
    X